Amisites.com overrides your browser settings. The action wipes off your preferences as for new tab URL, start page etc.
Instead of a blank or your favorite page, you are going to stumble upon the above address. The website itself may contain a malicious code. However, it does not hack your browser directly. There is a mediator. Call it a hijacker or a potentially unwanted program, some antivirus labs classify it as Potentially unwanted software (not-a-virus:HEUR:RiskTool.Win32.Sasquor.gen for example), it is the agent that forces your Internet navigator to open the Amisites.com. In other words, you keep on visiting the URL due to the bug inside your working station. Ususally it comes bundled with other riskware, for example AmuleC browser toolbar and search bar.
http://amisites.com Search scam
You cannot change that altering your browsing habits. Any ad blocking will not do either. It is good to stress on that as too many users concerned try to get rid of Amisites.com, but ignore the hijacker behind it.
The application behind the annoying URL propagates as a bundled download. Strictly speaking, the program is not an illegal one. It acts as announced in some End User’s License Agreement. The legal document refers to the installation workflow for the content a user is actually willing to get. It says the installation, apart from the main product, may contain other apps. The publisher does not assume any liabilities etc. Those tricky provisions may be meaningful for the Court of Justice. The users do not believe the browser hijacker has entered their working stations with adequate notice, though. They find the app terribly annoying. As the infection has managed to compromise a number of computers, demand for the removal of Amisites.com redirect is huge.
Again, the evil is in the details. No matter how you try, you cannot terminate the redirects by changing your browsing habits. It is not a matter of ongoing moderation of your Internet navigation. The evil stems from your own device. Proceed with the guidance below to remove Amisites.com adware for good. Amisites search scam also have funcionapage.com and attirerpage.com clones.
Remove Amisites with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Amisites
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Amisites, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Amisites manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Amisites adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Amisites in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Amisites adware in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Amisites infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.