Bigpicturepop.com, also referred to as Bigpicture, may seem to appear on your device all of a sudden. It is not a website that the users visit deliberately. Furthermore, attempts to access this page meet authorization routine so that random visitors are unwelcome.
This page harnesses a browser hijacker. You may get one along the contents that you load and really aim at. That is to say, this impurity goes bundled. The publisher attaches its copy to the target content. This works as a honey-trap. For instance, you may get free computer optimization software and a bulk of adware attached.
It is not that there is no announcement of entry. However, the adware distributors make their best to hush it up. When downloading something free, for instance, a free video formats converter, you may be invited to go through relevant installation wizard tabs. Most of the users just click through. They just want that stuff. That is how they click OK as an answer to the question whether they like the Bigpicturepop.com to apply changes to your browser.
bigpicturepopup browser redirect malware
The Bigpicturepop.com adware interprets this consent as a permit to launch a comprehensive hijacking campaign on the PC affected. It scans the operating system identifying browsers installed. Removal of Bigpicturepop.com redirects is thus not available by mere opting for another browser.
The attacks also may hack desktop shortcuts. This trick opens Bigpicturepop.com every time you click any link.
The infection communicates with remote servers. It sends data on your browsing. Therefore, you need to remove Bigpicturepop.com hijacker, otherwise your private and sensitive data is exposed to risk.
To get rid of Bigpicturepop.com popups, spot and delete its hijacker first. A complete and ultimate Bigpicturepop removal guidance to follow is available below.
Remove Bigpicturepop.com with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Bigpicturepop.com
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, Cleanserp, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Bigpicturepop.com manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Bigpicturepop.com adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Bigpicturepop.com in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Bigpicturepop.com browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Bigpicturepop.com infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.