ByteFence (ByteFence search) is a special case of browser hijacking. What’s wrong with the app? Why, by definition, a browser hijacker implies adverse impacts on your computer performance. Everything goes the way it shouldn’t, as long as a program code overtakes your browser.
Being such unwelcome app, ByteFence remains pretty legitimate. A registered vendor markets relevant security software. To say the least, the said security suite is not a counterfeit. On the other hand, this review neither promotes its quality nor refers to its shortcomings. It points to the annoying side-effects inherent in the newcomer.
Bytefence browser redirect
Once installed on a computer system, the program tweaks its settings. The adjustments may deteriorate system performance. That is quite true as regards to the web-browsers. Without offering adequate notification to the users the hijacking algorithm adjusts web-navigation settings. The modifications result in the removal of most of the presets assigned by the users. Those include, but not limited to, elimination of sign-ins, disruption of DNS. The latter may lead to the failure of certain websites to load as their input names do not convert into digital code. The browser does not properly translate them so that the target content does not load.
Users often associate the invasion with “Yahoo redirect”. Indeed, the application sets Yahoo.com as a start page and search defaults. It declares relevant changes, but in a way the users can hardly notice. Frankly, most of them cannot but get how the installation has managed to complete. The questionable security suite leverages a so-called bundled routine. ByteFence adware goes as an item attached to the primary content that the users aim at. Most people accept installation conditions in bulk. That is how they approve the ByteFence installation, including its hijacking payload, without realizing what they have agreed.
Removal of ByteFenceis can be tricky. Kindly follow the steps below to get rid of ByteFence redirect adware.
Remove ByteFence hijacker with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall ByteFence
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular ByteFence or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
ByteFence manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of ByteFence redirect in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove ByteFence in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall ByteFence adware in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for ByteFence browser hijacker
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.