Chromesearch.win redirects browsers to its pages, retrieves their data and has nothing to do with respecting your privacy.
‘The search engine that respects your privacy’ is a statement that a visitor of this page would see. The page looks like a remake of a genuine Google search engine. The users might believe Google somehow recognizes this page. At least, its name contains items that sound identical to that of Google.
The page is but a pure imposter.
That is to say, Google neither recognizes nor otherwise supports or approves it. True Chrome is not a perfect solution; it does tracks and logs your activities. However, your choice is your choice. Google Chrome does not impose itself, at least by means of browser hijacking. You would not need to remove one.
Removal of chromesearch.win is what you would need to complete if you are going to see no more appearances of this page. The website ensures your visits to its pages are permanent and inevitable. For those purposes, it tweaks browser and overall Internet settings.
chromesearch.win may sound harmless. It offers a search tab and a quick access to a classic Google services (Mail, Google +). Any search request in chromesearch.win basically triggers your local Google search engine, for instance. Google.co.uk, Google.ca. That is what you can see on the surface. On the background, chromesearch.win tracks and logs your queries.
Well, Googles does the same. However, the data flows to a known vendor, not likely to be abused. In the case of chromesearch.win, the data flows to the servers controlled by unknown holders. Your data is very likely to be abused. This may spawn further redirects, including to the website that distributes malware.
Another good reason to get rid of chromesearch.win redirects is due to its restricting your freedom to customize your browser. Until after you remove chromesearch.win, it is the hijacker that takes hold of your new tab default, start page, and other browsing preferences.
A detailed chromesearch.win removal tutorial follows.
Remove Chromesearch.win with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Chromesearch.win
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, Cleanserp, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Chromesearch.win manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Chromesearch.win adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Chromesearch.win in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Chromesearch.win browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Chromesearch.win infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.