Remove Initialpage123.com for good – avoid any redirects in any browser by sticking to the ultimate cleanup procedure
Initialpage123.com invites its visitors by brute force. That is to say, the website enjoys a support of a tiny yet extremely aggressive app. It is the application that land on your device to arrange your visiting the above URL.
The arrangement is such that you cannot get rid of Initialpage123.com in your browser unless and until its supporter remains installed. In that connection, a common mistake is an attempt to remove Initialpage123.com without exterminating the bug behind it.
It is good to note, the redirects to the above URL occur in a certain browser. They are also due to the malicious presets introduced by the adware. You can basically undo those browser changes manually. That is of little if any use, though, for the hijacker, that is to say, the above aggressive app, is going to interfere. It restores the bulk of settings and connects to its remote server. That may entail the introduction of more severe infection; meanwhile, needless to say, the users concerned suffer enough annoyance from the single instance of Initialpage123.com hijacker.
Again, shifting between browser will not do. The hijacker is capable of smelling the modification and instantly breaks in. You will face the same annoying routine of any browser resolving a good deal of your queries to Initialpage123.com. The only way to ensure the redirect is over is to implement the double cleanup. The appropriate routine is readily available and requires a minimum set of actions. Just follow the steps below to ensure the removal of Initialpage123.com redirect.
Remove Initialpage123.com with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Initialpage123.com
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, Initialpage123, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Initialpage123.com manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Initialpage123.com adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Initialpage123.com in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Initialpage123.com browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Initialpage123.com infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.