Launchpage.org does not comply with the fair play rules. True, any ads rather annoy than bring any useful information.
However, if you stumble upon an ad on a website that the website itself has placed, it is your deliberate choice to visit that website. You may leave the page that presents the ads you find intrusive. Optionally, you may try an ad-blocker to stay on the page yet see no ads.
launchpage browser redirect
That is a fair marketing practice. We are not happy with the bulk of commercials in the Internet; however, as long as they originate from the sources we visit deliberately, it is a matter of our choice whether to see them or not. We may retreat. We may use ad-blockers.
With Launchpage.org, you hardly have any choice. The website applies a browser hijacker that actually decides for you. The hijacker is an application that modifies browser and DNS settings. The changes so introduced ensure your browser, first and foremost, contacts the Launchpage.org. You do not necessarily land at the main page (the URL above). The redirects might occur on the background, as inserted into words and beside search results etc. In such a case, you do not rule. You may leave a particular page that shows those ads, but the annoying ads will not leave you. The explanation is already laid down. It is not a website that burdens you with those ads; it is the annoying applet inside your PC that makes the mess. You basically need to get rid of Launchpage.org adware. That is the first and crucial step towards the removal of Launchpage.org. Further actions, including those aimed at robust browser settings, is available with the guidance below.
Remove Launchpage.org with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Launchpage.org
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, Launchpage.org, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Launchpage.org manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Launchpage.org adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Launchpage.org in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Launchpage.org browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Launchpage.org infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.