Ourluckysites.com seems to be another useless web-hub.
The URL resembles thousands of such comprehensive web-landing platforms. These try to compete with worldwide recognized brands. The competition can hardly be called a fair play. Instead of enhancing the quality of its services, Ourluckysites.com becomes cloned and resorts to browser hijacking tactics.
The actors behind the website induce traffic to the URL with a redirect adware. The application penetrates operating system with a drive-by download and similar more or less tricky tactics. While formally complying with permitted installation routines the application installs in such a way that the users can hardly notice. It typically goes bundles with a third party content. The crooks would say you enjoy a win-win situation. In reality, you get some freeware of a questionable quality and the redirect agent that is going to make a mess of your web settings. You may actually retain the free item that you have installed deliberately. Meanwhile, the removal of Ourluckysites.com hijacker is essential.
The page it redirects your browsing to is free of explicitly viral codes as of now. Meanwhile, it serves as a hub that redirects its visitors to the destinations without any security verification. Such landing may include viral pages and compromising and annoying contents.
In order to get rid of Ourluckysites.com redirects, it is good to understand how the scam settles down on your machine. The adware hits a particular browser. It remains itself in the background. If you fix the browser affected, the infection inevitably spots the intervention. The counteraction is inevitable so that the adware restores the disrupted browser settings.
To remove Ourluckysites.com scam for good, you need to kill the hijacker first. The follow-up shall fix the browsers hit by the invader. Relevant user-friendly guidance is available below.
Remove Ourluckysites.com with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Ourluckysites.com
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, Ourluckysites, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Ourluckysites.com manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Ourluckysites.com adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Ourluckysites.com in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Ourluckysites.com browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Ourluckysites.com infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.