Sd-Steam.info originates from the same adware as Zodiac-game.info. Users do not visit those pages deliberately. The websites acquire their audience due to the online and adware-backed redirects.
The online re-routing occurs due to surfing through compromised or unreliable websites. The only way to get rid of Sd-Steam.info online redirects is to change browsing habits so as to avoid visiting inappropriate pages.
The adware-backed redirects happen due to the browser settings disrupted by the hijacker. The hijacker or the adware enters a computer system leveraging unfair tactics. A common infection vector drops the adware in a bundle with third party content. Users actually aim at loading the latter and do not want any browser add-on installed on the background. Formally, they express their consent for such a background introduction. To allow the hijacker introduction you only need to click OK without removing a checkmark in one of the installation wizard tabs. The wizards intentionally contain an excessive amount of dialogue windows. Obviously, the idea is to trick the users into approving anything, for reading the extended clauses is too boring and consumes too much time.
Having completed the installation, the newcomer scans the computer system for the browser installed. It tweaks browser settings to ensure the redirects to such websites as Sd-Steam.info and zodiac-game.info. The infection does not idle afterwards; it monitors the persistence of the adjustments introduced. Should you restore browser settings to defaults, the adware is going to detect your action. It immediately breaks in and restores the presets enabling its redirects.
Experiencing the silly pages popping up in a new tab and otherwise loading into your browsers without a request annoys users badly. To say the least, the demand for the removal of Sd-Steam.info hijacker is huge. However, the quality of guidance available is rather poor. Many advisors only consider the browser cleanup without removing the Sd-Steam.info adware, and vice versa.
Follow the guidance below to ensure safe and complete removal of Sd-Steam.info redirect virus.
Remove Sd-Steam.info with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Sd-Steam.info
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Sd-Steam.info or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Sd-Steam.info manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Sd-Steam.info adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Sd-Steam.info in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Sd-Steam.info adware in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Sd-Steam.info infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.