Search.queryrouter.com to interfere with your browsing until after you take ultimate removal action
Search.queryrouter.com keeps your browser addicted to its pages. Whenever you launch a new Internet session, open new tab or try to reach a specific URL, the above website tries to load its pages into your operating system. This experience annoys a wide audience while creating a significant traffic to the website under review. The website further redirects its visitors and earns revenue for each follow-up. Needless to say, the contents it features hardly undergo any verification. Most of them are boring, some contents may abuse you. Last but not least, they may conceal a malicious code so you risk ending up with a severe piece of malware on your device.
To get rid of Search.queryrouter.com redirects, you need to realize the source of such occurrences. Many believe the issue is about browser settings. In fact, it goes beyond Internet navigation software. True, any Internet content, obviously, enters your device via the browser you run. Meanwhile, the force that makes the browser load the URL without a user’s expressed consent is not necessarily a bunch of web-surfing software settings. In the case of Search.queryrouter.com, it is a full-featured yet rather malicious application that ensures the redirects to the target web-address.
The application modifies DNS, browser and system settings chiefly to arrange the forced Internet traffic to the website above. It also monitors the resistance of such settings and brakes in, as necessary. Thereby, restricting the removal of Search.queryrouter.com redirect to browser settings only would be a wrong approach. It may actually terminate the annoying activities for a while, but very soon the adware strikes back. You will have the presets restored, hence the redirecting continues. For a complete Search.queryrouter.com removal, please proceed with the guidance below.
Remove Search.queryrouter.com with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Search.queryrouter.com
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, Search.queryrouter.com, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Search.queryrouter.com manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Search.queryrouter.com adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Search.queryrouter.com in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Search.queryrouter.com browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Search.queryrouter.com infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.