Remove Start.siviewer.com ongoing redirect – get rid of the unexpected yet annoying newcomer
Siviewer sets up a continuous redirect routine for your PC. It harnesses a simple yet extremely efficient tool. Whether you define it a browser hijacker or adware, its payload aims at affecting your browsing. The implications include, but not limited to, regular landing on the above URL. The infection may also redirect your browsing further, distort search results, as well as the appearance of third party pages.
siviewer browser redirect and search engine hijacker
The directed landing on and other ads related to Start.siviewer.com are easy to observe. The users are able to spot such interventions with their unaided eye. Meanwhile, other impacts are not so obvious.
Observations conducted by IT security experts reveal a spying payload associated with the adware. Once the infection has its copy installed on your PC, it reports to remote server. The information includes basic parameters of your system, so the response presumably varies according to the parameters of the reported device. In some cases, the threat actors may inject extra infections of explicitly malicious payload.
Meanwhile, the guys behind the hijacker pretend to be rather fair and square marketers. They persuade the wide public that what they do is a win-win situation. Unfortunately, they have some grounds for such allegations as the adware, comes bundled. The hackers smartly attach it to free stuff that the users enjoy and download deliberately. That is what the IT defines as bundling. The users performing such a download formally agree with the Start.siviewer.com installation as they accept the installation agreement for the content they aim at. This agreement would stipulate the adware comes along.
Most of the users are too busy to read such formal agreements. Therefore, the infection arrives unexpectedly. No matter that you may have endorsed its introduction, you are the ultimate user and a master of your device. That is to say, it is time to get rid of Start.siviewer.com.
To remove Start.siviewer.com redirect for good, proceed with the Start.siviewer.com removal steps as outlined below.
Remove Start.siviewer.com with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Start.siviewer.com
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, Start.siviewer.com, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Start.siviewer.com manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Start.siviewer.com adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Start.siviewer.com in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Start.siviewer.com browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Siviewer infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.