Startgo123.com hacks your browser settings. Obviously, it is not the website itself that performs the cyber attack. The hackers distribute a tiny application to enable the necessary modifications. A range of definitions apply to the said computer program. Those include, but not limited to, a hijacker, an adware, a trojan, a PUP.
The hacking, first of all, forces your browser to load the above URL. The redirects occur as a new tab, home page and search default are to load. Besides, Startgo123.com loads as you try to reach other websites. The hijacker also disrupts DNS settings. As a result, some websites fail to load. Instead, DNS refers to http://startgo123.com/nav/index/geo….
The adware reports its successful installation to remote server. It also communicates system configuration, browsing history. The recipients do not disclose their identity. That offers unlimited option for any kind of data misuse. Apart from that, the active communication implies the remote server may discharge further contents to the compromised machine. Needless to say, the anonymity of remote connection may lead to the introduction of offensive items.
Removal of Startgo123.com shall, first of all, target the same-name trojan. Otherwise, the infection detects that something or somebody has restored browser settings. It quickly responds renewing the redirect arrangement. This is a common pattern for nearly any hijacker infection.
A proper sequence of the redirect extermination follows. Get rid of Startgo123.com to restore proper quality of your web-navigation.
Startgo123.com new tab browser hijacker
Remove Startgo123.com with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Startgo123.com
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Startgo123.com or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Startgo123.com manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Startgo123 New Tab adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Startgo123 New Tab in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Startgo123.com adware in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Startgo123.com infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.