Startpageing123.com attracts its visitors with brute-force redirecting.
Startpageing123.com badly annoys its visitors. The users witnessing its pages do no usually do so at will. It is the website that tweaks their browsing to ensure the Internet navigation software automatically connects to its URL. To be precise, Startpageing123.com enjoys a support of a computer infection. IT experts call it a browser hijacker, adware, redirect virus etc. This applet hacks web-surfing presets. It assigns values that automatically connect to the web address in question. The hijacker also monitors the presets remain intact.
The latter activity is critical to understand for those pretending they know how to get rid of Startpageing123.com. Despite they may really advise how to fix the browser, the hijacker itself escapes their attention. As long as the infection remains installed, it may readily attack your browser again; the presets favoring the unwanted URL thus get restored.
The hijacker deploys its invasion using a variety of infection vectors. A widespread vehicle is a popular content published online. Be that a computer game or media player, the installation involves a set of tabs requesting the user to click some buttons to proceed. They typically contain a box checked in advance. One needs to untick the box or else the installation would include the adware.
They say the users are to blame themselves for letting the adware on their computer systems. They should have paid attention to the installation conditions. The crooks behind the adware obviously support the circulation of that opinion. Even if it were true, that does not restrict you from the removal of Startpageing123.com hijacker. True, it is good to verify the contents loaded out of the web to exclude the bundled items such as a redirect virus. In case you have failed to prevent the invasion, proceed with the Startpageing123.com removal Startpageing123.com guidance available below.
Remove Startpageing123.com with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Startpageing123.com
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, Startpageing123.com, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Startpageing123.com manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Startpageing123.com adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Startpageing123.com in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Startpageing123.com browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Startpageing123.com infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.