Tpoxa.com or rather Tpoxa.com/search is a website that delivers fake Google custom searches.
The URL enjoys the support of browser hijacker, hence forced visits. The visitors come from the computer systems compromised by the hijacker. Most of the machines affected represent Spanish-speaking audience. ‘Eliminar tpoxa.com’ prevails among the actual Google requests. Actual Google statistics clearly indicate that most of the users concerned are Spanish speakers willing to get rid of Tpoxa.com.
If you search the web with the imposed website, the return includes a mix of original Google results and the pages added by advertisers. Few of the pages reported are really malicious. Rumors of Tpoxa.com landing its searches to explicitly hazardous pages are rather exaggerated. However, it shuffles the results badly. You are not likely to get any meaningful outcome with Tpoxa.com.
Quite in contrary, the adware of Tpoxa.com displays openly malicious behavior. The infection adds its website to your browser settings so that its start page and home page resolves to the annoying and fake custom search interface. Those activities do not suffice to label the relevant adware a piece of malware. The infection goes further adding its arguments to any shortcuts on your system, in particular, Windows shortcuts. Such changes immediately classify the program as a viral code.
Users download lots of free stuff. Many downloads run through the automated workflow. Applications called Wizards consult user’s opinion, which is rather that they should not. The people just click on and through to finally get the target content. That is how we miss to even notice adware like Tpoxa.com/search infiltrating our computers. Needless to say, that does not justify the actors dropping malicious and unwanted contents relying on the lack of due verification from the target audience.
To ensure the redirects persist, the adware in question adds a number of redirect values to the System Registry. These ensure your browser keeps on opening the target URL even if you, for instance, remove the Tpoxa.com presets in the affected browser.
In the light of the above, you may suspect the Tpoxa.com removal is a sophisticated activity. Fortunately, the instructions below feature a user-friendly guidance that ensures complete Tpoxa.com cleanup yet requires no extra skills.
Remove Tpoxa with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Tpoxa
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Tpoxa, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Tpoxa manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Tpoxa adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Tpoxa in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Tpoxa adware in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Tpoxa infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.