Removal of YeaDesktop (http://yeadesktopbr.com and http://yeadesktop.com/) is no challenge, the guidance is comprehensive
YeaDesktop serves as a hub for accumulating, analyzing and distributing web traffic. Needless to say, true user’s opinion is not a benchmark in this affair. People complain they keep on stumbling upon this website despite they have not approved its automatic uploads. Besides, the removal of YeaDesktop is a popular request and a challenge for many.
The redirects to MalwareCatcher.com originate from a bunch of settings introduced on a web-browser level. You can alter those presets. That may terminate the unwanted redirects, but the relief is not lasting for good.
yeadesktop browser hijacker
The interruption is inevitable as there is a browser hijacker on board. This hijacker is responsible for the initial introduction of the redirect presets, yet remains to ensure their persistence.
A number of contents on the web are available for free. You can pick them up without a monetary fee but often pay for your convenience. Such free items often go bundled with adware like the one under review. The users agree on the installation of a certain program accepting its introduction conditions in bulk. In the case of MalwareCatcher.com, you miss the clause about the introduction of relevant redirect agent. You get a hijacker along the content that you actually target. This hijacker modifies browser settings so that the URL in question keeps on uploading in your browser on a permanent basis.
Again, changing your browser configuration interrupts the redirects. The redirects restore very soon due to the intervention of the browser hijacker. Therefore, to get rid of YeaDesktop for good, follow the guidance below. That will remove MalwareCatcher.com redirect virus and the settings it hacks.
Remove YeaDesktop with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall YeaDesktop
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, YeaDesktop, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
YeaDesktop manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of YeaDesktop adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove YeaDesktop in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall YeaDesktop browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for YeaDesktop infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.