Fixed! How to Remove Win32/BHO.OEI Trojan Without Recurring
Your antivirus tells you that there is already a threat called Win32/BHO.OEI in the system and it happens again even though you restart the computer for several times. Are you scratching your head on how to remove the Win32/BHO.OEI trojan in order to regain the safety of the PC but so far still no clue. This post will do you a favor, or you can ask
Win32/BHO.OEI Has Those Harmful Symptoms
- The virus endangers your Internet environment by redirecting your web searches to other harmful domain which carries more threatening viruses and deceives you to download free software, videos, games and files, etc.
- It allows remote access to compromise your computer by changing your PC system settings, registry settings and files to capture and steal your personal privacy data without any permission.
- It infects with lots of bundled malware, malicious spyware, adware parasites, and all these harmful PC threats can deep hide in your system, processes, files and folders.
- This Trojan significantly slows down your computer performance and sometimes makes system crashed randomly.
Why Doesn’t Antivirus Software Help?
It happens a lot that computer has found weird symptoms on contaminated system, but installed Antivirus or Anti-spyware has no report about any viruses. In this Internet era, viruses are developing, so do their hiding techniques. It takes time for Antivirus to update its definition or signature. Win32/BHO.OEI is the tricky and stubborn virus to handle by new computer users. If there is no proper removal tool, then this risky virus should be removed with effective method manual approach. To manually eliminate Win32/BHO.OEI from Windows xp, vista, win 7 or win 8 of an affected computer, here are the useful removal steps.
Win32/BHO.OEI Step-by-Step Manual Removal Instructions
Before performing the manual removal of Win32/BHO.OEI, reboot your computer and before Windows interface loads, press F8 key constantly. Choose “Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then press Enter key. System will load files and then get to the desktop in needed option.
1. Launch the Task Manager by pressing keys Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc at the same time, search for Win32/BHO.OEI processes and right-click to end them.
2. Open Control Panel in Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
3. Tap Windows+R keys together to pop up the Run box, type in regedit and hit OK to open Registry Editor; then find out the following Win32/BHO.OEI registry entries and delete:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Use FormSuggest" = 'Yes' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnonBadCertRecving" = '0' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop "NoChangingWallPaper" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes" = '.zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;.scr;' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer "NoDesktop" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random].exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random]" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "DisableTaskMgr" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "CheckExeSignatures" = 'no' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "Hidden" = '0' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden" = '0'
4. Get rid of the listed files created by Win32/BHO.OEI:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.dll %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[random]This post is tagged with keywords:Fixed how to remove win32bho oei trojan without recurring, virus and malware removal, computer issues, Fixed how to remove win32bho oei trojan without recurring