GoGameGo (search.mysearch.com) finds its way to your browser tabs as you have got your computer system hacked with its redirect virus.
The infection, also known as a browser hijacker, adware, unwanted browser helper object, modifies web-navigation software settings. The distributors of GoGameGo argue it is the user who approves the installation. Indeed, they add the hijacker to a number of contents scattered around the web. The content publishers get their revenue as the users install the adware along the target content. An average user would not scrutinize the installation agreement for warez and such like free items, rather accepting them in bulk. Seizing that opportunity, the redirect distributors widely use the option of a pre-checked box. This belongs to the installation wizard that serves the installation of the content the user actually aims at.
gogamego chrome new tab
The tick in the box proves the user’s consent for an extra item, specifically the browser helper in question. Again, few if any users would go as far as to reading those standard wordings in beside the pre-checked box. Imposing the annoying adware in such a way can hardly meet the standards of fair marketing practice.
Due to the fact that the users concerned formally agree on the adware introduction, a good deal of antimalware suites abandon the removal of GoGameGo redirect. Meanwhile, the browser helper object displays obvious traits of malicious behavior. In particular, it may modify desktop shortcuts without any authorization by the user. Besides, the infection creates excessive and duplicating registry entries. That ensures the redirects even after the settings established by the adware and the adware itself have been cleaned.
Fortunately, the guidance and security tools available below enable any user concerned to get rid of GoGameGo (search.mysearch.com) hijacker. The extermination is complete and fits any computer skills.
Remove Go Game Go with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Go Game Go
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Fast Search, Go Game Go, AmuleC, Seacth Bar, FastWebSearch or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
GoGameGo manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Go Game Go adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Go Game Go in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Go Game Go browser redirect in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for GoGameGo infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.