http://hohosearch.com hijacks your browser settings
Hohosearch is a notorious piece of adware. However, why is it? The same-name website registered with a neutral ‘.com’ domain seems to be nothing but a preliminary page to your local Google search page. That is, the page features a search line like in any search engine. It does not have its own keyword algorithm and database so that your query lands on local Google platform. Besides, under the search line there is a set of icons to the most popular web-hubs like Facebook, Yahoo etc. The links have been valid as verified for the purposes of this short review.
The website keeps on popping up as a new tab, default search engine and a browser start page, as long as it is backed by the adware installed on a machine affected. The adware stay tuned to the remote server of the hackers. It is available for any adjustment and may readily serve as a gateway to drop other infections on your PC. That is one of the simplest reasons to get rid of Hohosearch hijacker.
By the way, the program is deemed to be a browser hijacker, for it overwrites its settings without explicit consent of the user. It typically comes along with certain third party contents and the users formally approve its installation, but they are not actually aware of that.
IT security circles highly recommend the users concerned to remove Hohosearch redirect virus.
Hohosearch.com browser virus
Removal of Hohosearch.com redirects requires internal cleanup for your device. The ads are powered from within your operating systems. Repeated popups labeled Hohosearch.com or otherwise associated with above name flag the adware invasion.
Remove Hohosearch.com with automatic antimalware tool
Highly thorough cleaning of the infected system can be carried out using powerful security software whose up-to-date virus definitions and heuristics allow detecting the threat in a matter of minutes and eradicating all of its components from the computer. So follow the steps listed to apply the fix.
1. Click the button to download the stub installer and go through several setup dialogs. Once the tool is up and running, click Start Computer Scan
2. Wail until the cleaner checks the PC for malicious code. As soon as the scan is completed, the report will list all malware objects spotted in the system. Make sure the entries for detected infections are checked, and select the Fix Threats feature. This will result in malware removal and system remediation, so you should now be good to go.
Use Control Panel feature to uninstall Hohosearch.com
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Depending on the operating system version, pick the Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program feature
- Go ahead and look for malicious programs on the list, in particular Hohosearch.com or other entries for recently installed software (suspicious browser add-ons, file downloaders, media players, codecs and the like). Right-click on the potentially malicious object and select Uninstall/Change as shown
Hohosearch.com manual removal from different browsers
Get rid of Hohosearch.com adware in Google Chrome
Uninstall aggressive add-on
- Expand the Chrome menu by clicking on respective icon and go to More Tools – Extensions
- Spot the malicious web service enhancement on the interface and send it to the trash
Modify startup page settings
- Select Settings in the Chrome menu list
- Find the part titled On startup, select the Open a specific page or set of pages feature and click Set pages as shown
- Once the entry corresponding to the adware is found, click X to eradicate it
Toggle search preferences
- While on the Settings page, also go to Search section, pick the right default provider on the list and save the changes
Remove Hohosearch.com in Mozilla Firefox
Remove unruly add-on
- Select Add-ons in the Firefox menu
- In the left-hand pane of the page select Extensions, find the add-on corresponding to the adware and click Remove to uninstall it
Restore preferred Firefox homepage
- Select Options on the Firefox menu list
- Under the General tab, click Restore to Default button or enter the desired URL in the Home Page field
Configure search preferences
- Hit the Search tab on the same screen. Alternatively, you can click the reading glass icon embedded in the Firefox search area and select Change Search Settings
- Go ahead and select the search provider you prefer to use by default and click OK to save the changes
Uninstall Hohosearch.com adware in Internet Explorer
Get rid of the intrusive extension
- Select Manage add-ons from Tools menu
- Click Search Providers entry in the left-hand part of the page, find the malicious one and Remove it
Restore your normal IE homepage
- Select Internet options under Tools
- Under the General tab, click Use default or enter any other start page value you wish. Stay on this screen and proceed to next step
Reconfigure tabs behavior
- Select the Tabs feature under General to open the Tabbed Browsing Settings interface
- Pick one of the following options: Your first home page or A blank page
Run an extra check for Hohosearch.com infection
For the sake of confidence that the adware has been completely removed, do not neglect the option of repeatedly scanning your system for the associated unwanted files.