How to Completely Remove Search Enhance (Manual Removal)
Nowadays, cyber criminals are as dangerous as muggers on the streets. Be aware of such unreliable appliations like Search Enhance. How is it possible that Search Enhance may cause damage to the system? What to do with the removal? Read it carefully, you can get your answers here.
Search Enhance Description
Malware Type:Browser toolbar or Adware
Threat Risk Coefficient: Critical
Search Enhanceis a browser redirect virus as well as computer adware that is typically added when you install other unsafe programs including 1ClickDownload, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom, and so forth. You should always pay attention during installing some software especially free because often, a software installer contains optional installs and be cautious what you agree to install.
Search Enhance is a potentially unwanted add-on that will take over the search from most of famous Internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, replacing the search queries with sponsored links. Developed by immoral cyber criminals, this browser extension claims to enhance your internet browsing experience by hijacking your search results; however, it’s in fact a computer virus which has the properties of redirect infections in the purpose of collecting as much money as possible from ordinary users. No matter how intentionally or unintentionally you install this browser add-on, it will change the internet browser settings and substitute your homepage. Without any doubt, there are lots of deceptive advertisements on the page sponsored by those virus makers – Monetization is their final purpose. The more people fall for the elaborate trick, the more revenue the cybercriminals can generate. If you see this Search Enhance toolbar in your browser, please notice that it doesn’t provide users with real value, but it will result in internet traffic and redirection issues. If you’re stuck by the Search Enhance adware, no worries, here below will teach you how to get rid of it completely through manual guides. If you’re not computer literate, please contact
Screenshot of Search Enhance
Search Enhance Is a Big Threat to Your System
- This redirect virus will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely.
- Your computer is acting slowly. This web browser slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
- Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is an obvious symptom of this infection.
- The cyber threat will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. It will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
- You are getting pestered with lots of pop ups. The hijacker virus infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere.
Cannot Delete Search Enhance by Antivirus Programs?
The Search Enhance virus, as many other viruses, is created with malicious code and is changed daily or more often. That’s why any of the antivirus programs can’t keep up to remove the virus. When victim users tried with various security tools, they did not eliminate the virus, but messed up the computer more. Any unsure method is not recommended to remove the virus, but manual removal has always been the most effective way to get rid of it.
Most Effective Way to Remove Search Enhance Manually and Safely
Step 1- Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
Step 2- Uninstall Search Enhance program from control panel.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, go to the “Start” menu, select “Control Panel”. Locate “Programs and Features”. Look for “Search Enhance” select this entry and click Uninstall.
If you are using Windows Xp, Click “Start”, choose “Settings” and click “Control Panel”. Locate and click “Add or Remove Programs”. Look for “Search Enhance” select this entry and click Remove.
Step 3- Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from Search Enhance
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Search Enhance.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Search Enhance.
Step 4- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step 5- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 6- Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 7- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
Step 8- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settingsrandom HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorerDisallowRun HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunrandom HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
Step 9-Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.This post is tagged with keywords:How to completely remove search enhance manual removal, virus and malware removal, computer issues, How to completely remove search enhance manual removal