Kept Being Redirected to Searchitika.com? How Can I Remove Searchitika Hijacker Virus?
Feel like your computer has a mind of its own? Kept being sent to random and irrelevant sites that have nothing to do with your search request? Searchitika.com has taken over your homepage? How to remove Searchitika redirect virus and get everything back to normal? Need a safe and easy to stop Searchitika.com hijacker virus and enjoy a clean PC again? I am sure you will be delighted to check out the manual removal guide here.
Learn More about Searchitika.com
Is Searchitika.com dangerous or just making redirection annoyance? Can I just live with or ignore it?
Searchitika.com is a poorly built website designed to make chaos to your search engines, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox by modifying your browser settings. Don’t overlook Searchitika.com. It will pose a threat to the system and data security. You may pick up this threat by via some installation agreement for free programs, which most people don’t pay much attention to its content. And once it gets into your system, it won’t let you remove it as simply as resetting homepage. That is because Searchitika.com redirecting virus is controlled by trojan malware behind and acts as a hacking tool or payload for cyber criminals who intend to invade your system and try all means to get illegal profit. It is really dangerous and more viruses or rogue malwares will also install to the victim computer via exploited system vulnerabilities. And relevant results from Searchitika.com are not that reliable. Instead, those results may be corrupted with virus codes, ads or misleading. Furthermore, Searchitika.com will bring many other add-ons or toolbar installation. To make it worse, Searchitika.com make chaos to Windows registries and system files, releasing random files and codes to help root deeply into compromised computer, which explains why it takes so hard for common computer users to get rid of it completely.
Searchitika.com virus can be displayed as many critical aspects:
- It is installed without your consent
- It hijacks Google and other search results
- It replaces your original homepage and hijacks all the websites you want to visit
- It creates numerous links to advertising pages
- It comes with tracking cookie infections designed to keep track of your browser type, your IP address, and other web surfing activities
- It can cause the infected computer work slow and it’s difficult to get rid of this bug
- It may be classified as either adware or as a Potentially Unwanted Program due to its predilection for inserting advertisements into online searches and its disingenuous installation methods.
- It allows the criminals to attract unnatural traffic to their landing pages to subsequently get paid for this forcible user navigation to sites of their own network
Why can’t antivirus program help?
Many people wonder why Searchitika.com redirect virus cannot be deleted by antivirus program completely. It just keeps coming back again after reboot. Normally, antivirus can provide basic protection to your system and handle some simple viruses. Unfortunately, this stubborn virus requires manual removal to destroy. To manually remove Searchitika.comredirect virus, you need to end processes, unregister DLL files, search and delete all other Windows Personal Detective files and registry entries. Follow the Searchitika.comremoval guide below to start.
How to manually remove Searchitika.com?
Step one- Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking
To perform this, please restart your computer. -> As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap “F8″ key constantly. -> Use the arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press ENTER. -> If you don’t get the Safe Mode with Networking option, please restart the computer again and keep tapping “F8″ key immediately.
Step two- Reset your Internet Explorer
Open your Internet Explorer -> click Tools -> choose Internet Options -> click Advanced -> choose Reset option -> click Yes to save the change.
Step three- Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Searchitika.com.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Searchitika.com.
Step four- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Make ‘Google’ your default search engine;
5) Remove ‘Search Results’ from the list by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step five- open your Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and then stop suspicious processes
Step six – remove any suspicious system files and registries.
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.dll %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\serial.sys C:\Users\Vishruth\AppData\Local\Temp\random.xml C:\windows\system32\drivers\mrxsmb.sys(random) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\redbook.sys(random)
Step seven- Detect and remove Searchitika.com related registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Inspector”This post is tagged with keywords:Kept being redirected to searchitika com how can i remove searchitika hijacker virus, virus and malware removal, computer issues, Kept being redirected to searchitika com how can i remove searchitika hijacker virus