Trojan virus is designed to let someone (usually a hacker) remote access to a specific computer or a target system. Trojan horses are programs that infect remote computers by changing or deleting desktops or important files. Generally called a Trojan Horse, it appears as a legitimate files and software, usually cumming from a source you trust.
When a Trojan horse is installed on a system, The hacker can access this system remotely and to perform various operations on the system of the target computer. Nevertheless, the type of operations that a hacker can take and perform on a target computer are limited to the user privileges on this specific computer and the design of the Trojan virus.
The operations that are able to be performed by a Trojan virus installed by a hacker on a specific target computer can include using the hacked machine as part of a botnet, that is to perform spamming or Distributed denial of service (known as “DDoS”) attacks, data theft, namely stealing passwords and credit cards information from the attacked machine, installing software, and that includes other types of malware, on this pure hacked system, to download or upload files to and from this system, to modify or to delete files from it, Keystroke logging, even viewing the user’s screen and Wasting computer storage space, also a viciously initiating the system to crash the computer.
Usually a Trojan horse requires the interaction with the hacker in order to meet it’s purpose.although it is possible that the hacker will scan computers on the network, using a port scanner and will find one with a Trojan horse already installed on it, and than the hacker is possible to use and control the target computer as well.
How Are They Being Installed And Distributed ?
Trojan horses are commonly installed by a couple of methods. for example:
By some software downloading such if it’s included as a part of an application that is being downloaded from the net, some websites that contains executable content like in a form of an ActiveX controllers etc. email attachments or application exploits you receive, (like flaws in a web browser or you’re media player or the messaging clients on the system, or some other software that is exploited and allows the installation of Trojan horses). also, some reports of the possibility of certain compilers, that themselves are by Trojan nature (this is being achieved by making them, while compiling some code to an executable form. to include a code that causes their output executable file, to become of a Trojan nature.
Anti-virus software’s are basically designed in order to detect & delete Trojan viruses, but also to prevent them from infecting in the first place.
In order to remove Trojan virus manually, it is basically required to have a full understanding of the nature of the particular Trojan virus that operates. also, it is important to know that it is difficult to know what are the damages and problems occurred due to it’s hijacked software. Thus, it is being advised to completely erase all the data from infected hard drive & to reinstall the operating system software.
Some tips for users
Usually, all Trojan viruses are actually hidden files.
To get at them we recommend:
- First reboot your PC or Mac.
- Then, launch you’re antivirus software, and operate the “Scan/Repair” option, for detecting the Trojan virus
- Then, exit and restart your computer in order to ensure that the Trojan virus is deleted.
- After this, empty the “recycle bin” on your system.
- Then, disable the “System Restore feature” (in case of Windows user), right click the “My Computer” icon to go to “Properties”, and under the System Restore tab in the “Properties” window, check “Turn off System Restore”, and “OK”, to end this process.
- Then update you’re antivirus software and run it once more, to detect the Trojan files.
- After this, follow the instructions given by the antivirus software, in order to delete any suspicious file. (It is recommendable to write down the path and file name of the Trojan file).
- After this, pleas edit your computer’s backup registry by choosing from “Start” menu, and then “Run”, and type the Fraze “reg edit” to the window appears and click “OK”.
- To finish, search for the registry entry from which the Trojan derived, which often begins with the Fraze or words: “HKEY”, followed by the file path. Then choose to delete this registry entry to ensure that the Trojan virus removed.
- After this, exit the registry entry, and restart your system for the changes to take effect.